My favorite butter ......... LURPAK


Call me a snob, I don’t care when it comes to butter.  LURPAK is THE butter for me.



My acquaintance with Lurpak began in 2007/2008, at the peak of daily product crisis. I was residing in Taipei then.   Since Day 1 in Taipei, I have been using PRESIDENT or ANCHOR for all my baking, but suddenly prices for both brands went up as much as 50% within half a year & P was perpetually out of stock.  Someone must be hoarding!  As I look for alternative sources, I accidently bumped into LURPAK butter promotion in RT-Mart (大潤發).  Guess RT-Mart was also looking for alternative butter.  Ever since, I’m addicted.
I did a search on LURPAK & surprised to find it is a premium butter that has been in the market for over a hundred years.  Am I ignorant or what? 

During my early years in baking, I used only SCS as all mothers & aunties swear by it.  It was a MUST for all our CNY cookies.  But there was no SCS in Taipei, so I switched to P & A.  They were both excellent, especially P.  But now, I am a LURPAK convert. 

Premium butter can make a subtle difference and bring out the best of the recipe.  Though it is a bit more expensive, it also yield premium result.  After all garbage in, garbage out.  So, for those who haven't tried LURPAK, I strongly recommend you to try, at least once, and perhaps, you will be hooked, just like me.
 

Comments